Thursday, June 27, 2013

Through the Eye's of Amy's Mother.

Through the Eye's of Amy's Mother.
By: Amy's Mother
With assistance from Shining Star

I was so happy that day.
The minster was coming over to stay.
I was in the kitchen cooking all day.
Thinking of Amy's favorite food. 
I smoothed  the table cloth.
Dressed up the food.
The preacher came.
His son was very rude. 
Amy was sad.
I could tell.
It's like her spirit fell.
And to her favorite food, she didn't take it so well.
And during dinner, well for her it wasn't swell.
She was so embarrassed.
She turned red.
I wouldn't be surprised if she fled.
After the dinner the priest and his son left. 
I felt like a burden.
Like I was Amy's sorrow.
But I made sure not to wait until tomorrow to fix the sorrow.
I gave her a pretty pleated skirt.
I knew she wouldn't burn it in the hearth.
I could see her smile just like a child.
But then I warned for her to be proud as she is.
Just like me.
When came Christmas time I started all again.
But this time Amy was proud for who she was.
And enjoyed her food thoroughly til' the end!

3 comments: