Thursday, June 27, 2013

Through the Eyes of Robert by Christine Avocado

  I had just been invited to Christmas Eve dinner at Amy's house. I said hello to Amy, but she just ignored me. Amy's relatives licked the ends of their chopsticks, then dipped them into the all the plates of food. My family and I just sat and waited for the plates to be passed down to us. Then they all murmured with pleasure when Amy's mother came in with a some sort of fish. It seemed like that was their favorite dish. Then Amy's father gave something to Amy and said that it was her favorite. At the end of the meal, Amy's father belched LOUDLY, "BUUUURRRPPP". He said that it was a Chinese tradition to show that you are satisfied with the food. But I just looked down at my plate, blushing. I then managed to let out a small "Burp". Amy did not speak to me for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. Robert was not the one who burped smally it was his dad
    To: Christine
    ~Richelle

    ReplyDelete