Friday, June 28, 2013

The Big Mistake

  
                                                         The Big Mistake
                                                                By
                                                          Larraine Marie
People say to stay inside at night, well sensible people do.  In this Nevada home disagreement found its way in. Rachel was a normal 16 year-old girl, and the  things on her wish list for her upcoming 17th birthday were to:  1.  Stop mom from saying "no."  2.  Do things when I want to, how I want to, and where I want to.

                                                                             

"Mom, I'm going to the mall."

She snatched her car keys before her mom descended the stairs.

"Honey, we talked over this," sighed her mom.

"Talked about what?"

"You're not 18, and you still have to follow my rules.   Young lady, I have to keep telling the golden rule over and over.  No going out by yourself after 7:00!"

"Please just listen for one minute to what I want, not what you want.  I'm getting older and I deserve more freedom.  I want to do something that involves me being independent."

"Rachel, you have to understand that the world is full of bad people.  Burglars and shooters usually sneak around at night.  I'm looking out for your safety."

"I'm getting in my car and I'm going to the mall!"

"Come back here!"

"Watch me!"

It was a little too late, because she was off.  She just thinks that everything she says is right.  I'm going to prove her wrong.  When Rachel arrived at the mall, it felt vacant.  All the stores were open, except the food court.  It was quite busy, for the space was jammed packed.  Then, a blue necklace caught her eye.  It shined so bright that she went over to take a look. 

"Hello, ma'm," she said to the front desk lady.

"What are you looking for today?"

"Well, I got my eye on that necklace over there.  It's the one in the middle of the store."

"I see you got your eye on our new collection.  That necklace is a bit pricy though."

"How much?  It's not like it's that bad."

"$5000."

"What?"

"Wait! I hear a sound," whispered Rachel."

"It's gun shots!"

 

Boom! Boom! Boom!

 

Cries of tears and sadness were heard.

"Evacuate to Pandora!" hollered a police officer.

"Mrs. Bark, close the store once everyone's in!"

"It's closed." called Mrs. Bark.

"My dog is still out there!" cried a voice.

"What's happening?" cried another.

"It's a burglar!"

Rachel picked up her phone and called the operator.

"Help me! Help me!"

"Calm dow....

"Please help!  I'm at the Las Vegas Outlet Mall.  There's a burglar with a black mask in here!"

Her face was red and she was covered with a puddle of tears.

"Calm down.  I'm coming to get you."

That was it.  The burglar came closer to the jewel shop.

Ruff! Ruff!  It was a sharp, barking noise.  It was a Labrador!

"Get off me!" screeched the burglar.

The dog bit the man's leg and sent him stumbling to the ground. The police came and the man was sent to jail.  Thankfully, no one got hurt.  In fact, the whole thing was caught on tape by a woman who was on her vacation.  A blue feather was found that had the thief's fingerprints so the police could exam it.  Rachel told her mom the whole story and promised to follow here rules from now on.

1 comment: