Friday, June 28, 2013

The Case of the Missing Neclace by Nicole Hillary

     I was at the mall one day when I realized that the new sapphire necklace that was supposed to be on display was missing. I went over to the security guard at the corner of the crowded mall. I told him what I had seen. He said he would take to his base. I got into the police car and we drove to the mall office. They questioned me on everything I had seen and heard. Then the most amazing thing happened. They asked me if I wanted to help solve the case of The Missing Necklace.
      They gave me a camera a notebook and a lovely helper. My helper's name was Sniper he was a golden Labrador. We went back to the jewelry store  to investigate. We went inside the store to talk to the manager. "Hello I am here to find any information on the missing necklace. Did you see anything or anyone suspicious last night around the mall?" I asked. "No ma'm I was in the back talking to my newest security helper. The owner of the store has been giving every store new security officers." Said he. I had gotten nothing very helpful out of him so I thanked him and went over to the display case.
          I first looked for any smudges in the glass or any other evidence. Nothing. But wait! Something blue caught my eye. I saw a wrinkled blue feather. I, as the police officers ordered, took a picture of it. The feather looked as if it belonged to one of those fancy hats. I felt excited, but I realized that I was at a dead end. Then I solved all of my problems. Another security guard was walking up to me. "Hi,  nobody is supposed to be here after hours." I looked at her,she had a look on her face like she didn't really care about if I was there or not. "Sorry but I am on the case of the missing necklace. Do you know who was watching the store last night?"  She then looked very nervous. "I was why do you want to know?" I then told her all about the necklace. Her eyes started to water. "Oh. I didn't see anyone. Nobody was here." I just started to ask her if she would answer some questions when she took her scarf off. I saw it. The sapphire necklace. It was around her neck and she had another necklace on that had small blue feathers.
            "Why did you steel the necklace?" I asked. She Answered with a stern answer, "I couldn't afford it because the owner doesn't pay me everything I am supposed to get. I thought if I got and sold it I would have enough money. Then I loved it and wore it instead."
                                                   The End

No comments:

Post a Comment