Friday, June 28, 2013

The Ocean Sapphire Necklace by Amelia Pond

On the planet Neptune, twelve small pieces of the planet fell off. They landed in the Mall of Georgia fountain. Well, that's what everyone believes. But I know the truth. No one else believes me.  
It feels like the whole world hates you.I really don't understand. My friends loved me until the necklace was discovered. I now have the power to travel from two worlds. My other world is a  lonely, vacant world. But sometimes, just sometimes, I see something else. Distant, as if in another world. I try to look for it in the real world, but I never catch it. I only see it in my world. I think I live in two worlds. One of reality, and one of emptiness with a sliver of hope.I write this to you in neither.I am at the ocean, but a lonely, gray one where the only dash of color is the blue of the ocean. the same blue as the sapphires on the necklace. The one where this whole mess started.I don't know how I get here, or how I leave, but when I do leave I always end up sitting by the fountain in the mall with my head turned toward the necklace.There is a police car that patrols the mall. Especially the fountain.The blue stripe on it is the same blue as the feather in my hair I got it from the store across from the fountain, the same blue as the ocean in my half-world,yes,that's what I'll call it, my half-world, and the same blue as the necklace.There someone walking up to me.You'll need this was all he said. It was wrapped in blue paper.The same blue as my feather,the police car stripe,the ocean, and the necklace. I decided to open it. It was a camera. I started to wonder why me, of all people would need a camera. Then the thought struck me: Taking a picture if the mysterious figure! It seemed now that it was hidden in plain sight! Then I had an excellent idea. I wrote a ten and a half foot long article about the truth. I just realized I never told you the truth about the necklace.It's from a unknown corner of coastal Georgia I call Sapphiria. It's also the beach I travel to to write. The necklace was literally formed out of the ocean. The silver is the sea foam and the    jewels are the water. The day I discovered Sapphiria I was walking along the shore when a wave came up. After it washed back, there was the necklace. Formed by the sea itself. I took it to Atlanta and put it on the fountain. It's been there ever since. So I really have three worlds. No one believed my article. I truly am alone. 

                                     EPILOGUE
I got sealed into my half-world.It is my real world now.But I am fine. I have everything I need. When I want something, it appears next to me. The only things it won't give me are life forms and freedom from here. I don't need freedom from here, though.And about my loneliness, it's gone, because I figured out the thing I can see sometimes. I made it my pet. It's a dog.

3 comments:

  1. AMELIA POND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I <3 Doctor Who refrences!
    -Grace Blackgaard

    ReplyDelete